Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Can you wash a new hat to make it shrink?

I bought a L/XL hat from fender.com and it feels way too big. I have other hats that are L/XL but they fit just fine. My question is, can I wash it in hot water to make it shrink some? It is 85% acrylic and 15% wool. Also, would I do this in a washing machine or by hand in the sink. I don%26#039;t want to ruin it. It is a very nice hat.
Can you wash a new hat to make it shrink?
yes...as long as the fibers its made out of are somewhat synthetic...
Can you wash a new hat to make it shrink?
yes but after put it in the dryer and it should shrink but if its cottton then it wont washing machine would be best because like you probably cant shrink it unless you turn it a couple times in the washer:D
Reply:I don%26#039;t think washing it is the answer. The color might run, it may pucker, and you have no way to control the amount of shrinkage.


I don%26#039;t know if the hat has an interior band?If it does, maybe you can find some cloth tape, or leather, and adhere layers of the tape inside the hat, where it won%26#039;t show, building up the thickness.





Maybe even the good old duct tape solution?





http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/hi_duct_ta...

No comments:

Post a Comment